Alumni Weekend 2020 Has Been Canceled
Amid growing concerns over the outbreak of the COVID-19, the Journalism School’s Alumni Weekend 2020, scheduled for May 1 & 2, has been canceled.
Thank you for your understanding as Columbia University and the Journalism School take every precaution to ensure the well-being of our community. Refunds to those who have already registered for Alumni Weekend will be processed through Cvent.
We will miss seeing you in May but we hope to have you back on campus when things calm down. In the meantime please take care of yourselves and watch the Alumni E-Newsletter for updates.
COME BACK, CONNECT, GIVE BACK
Alumni Weekend 2020 is just around the corner…
The School of Journalism is excited to host its esteemed graduates Friday, May 1 and Saturday, May 2 for this year’s reunion. Return to 116th and Broadway and celebrate milestone anniversaries, reconnect with your classmates and learn more about the current state and future of journalism.
All alumni are invited and encouraged to attend, especially classes ending in ‘0 or ‘5.
Make sure to register by March 20th to take advantage of early bird discounts. Regular pricing will begin on March 21st until registration closes on April 24th. Click here to register and learn more about what is in store at Alumni Weekend.
If you would like to celebrate your milestone reunion by supporting the next generation of journalists, please click here to make a gift to the Journalism Annual Fund.
ALUMNI WEEKEND HIGHLIGHTS & SPECIAL EVENTS
- Celebrate the 2020 Alumni Award Winners on Saturday at the Annual Alumni Awards Luncheon.
- Join Dean Coll as he hosts “Campaign 2020: Facts v. Fake News”, a panel discussion on the challenges of covering a presidential election.
- Reception for J-Ten alumni for graduates of the last 10 years.
- 25th & 50th Milestone Anniversary Reception for graduates of 1995 and 1970 or before
- Calling All Mencherites - Did you have Mel Mencher as your RWI professor? Join us for an off-campus brunch in his honor on Sunday, May 3, hosted by Mencher's 1980 students, along with his adjunct that year. Members of all classes (including those not having reunions this year) are welcome. If you'd like to come, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will let you know the time and location. Deadline: April 15.
- Save the date: Celebrate Professor LynNell Hancock, who is leaving the J-School, Thursday, April 30, 6 p.m. at the Journalism School. All of Hancock's former students, and former Spencer Fellows, are invited. We will be sending out more details later.
- And so much more!