In preparation for the fall semester, Columbia Journalism faculty and staff have been involved in extensive planning to ensure a safe and healthy return. Please see below for information on Fall 2020 in Pulitzer Hall.
Building & Classroom Protocols
The J-School is fortunate to have its own building, Pulitzer Hall, which has rooms large enough to accommodate public health protocols. Since May, staff have been working hard to prepare the building for the fall and have implemented the following protocols in line with CDC and NY State guidelines:
- Everyone must wear a face covering over one’s nose and mouth at all times, except when alone in a private office.
- Designated building entrance and exit
- Designated staircases for going up and down
- A maximum of two people per elevator
- Reduced restroom occupancy and touchless restroom fixtures
- All seats spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart and 50 SF of space per person
- Hybrid classrooms that will allow students in class and online to have comparable experiences
- All students must bring a laptop to class
- Staggered class start times to reduce crowding in stairways and restrooms
- Columbia’s COVID-19 Resource Guide
- Plan for 'Hybrid' Instruction in the Fall
- F.A.Q.s for Admitted J-School Students About 2020-21 Schedule Options
- University Life Forum for Students on Returning to Campus