Career Expo 2024
The annual spring Career Expo is open exclusively to graduating students at Columbia Journalism School. The Career Expo showcases a wide range of news organizations, from legacy media to digital startups. Newsrooms from across the nation and globe participate to meet our students.
Our students are uniquely prepared to join those newsrooms. Columbia journalists are trained in reporting, writing, video, photo, audio, data visualizations and investigative techniques. Many of our grads also gain subject expertise in business and economics, politics and global affairs, science, and arts and culture reporting.
The Career Expo showcases the wide range of news organizations operating today, from legacy media to digital startups and international, national, regional and hyperlocal outlets, general news, single-issue/topic-focused and investigative websites producing content in a variety of media, including text, video, photo, audio and data visualizations.
Please check the list of employers who attended the 2023 Career Expo. Employers seek candidates to cover a range of subject areas. Companies that attend the Expo are seeking to fill:
- Full‐time positions
- Part-time positions
- Paid Fellowships
- Paid Internships
- Freelance, contract and stringer positions
- Freelance assignments
The Career Expo takes place every spring and is limited to the graduating students of Columbia Journalism School.
Employer registration will open in December 2023. If you would like more information, please contact Shumaisa Rehman-Nabi, assistant director of Career Development.
At the Career Expo, you'll meet students with a range of skills.
- Among the degree candidates you will meet:
- Master of Science: includes Stabile Investigative, Documentary and Visual Craft specializations
- Master of Science - Data Journalism
- Master of Arts: journalists with prior work/newsroom experience specializing in Arts & Culture, Business & Economics, Politics or Science.
- Dual Degree: includes M.S. Journalism & M.S. Computer Science
- Knight-Bagehot Fellows in Economics and Business Journalism
- Spencer Fellows in education reporting