The journalism/computer science dual degree takes two years to complete.
See Scholarships and Financial Aid for information on financing your journalism education.
|Tuition: $2,142 per credit (31 credits first year; 33 second year)||$66,402|
|Health Services Fee||$1,138|
|University Facility Fee||$1,008|
|Document Fee (one-time)||$105|
|Technology Fee (one-time)||$1,200|
|Application Fee (nonrefundable)||$100|
|Enrollment Fee (nonrefundable)||$1,000|
|TOTAL University Charges||$74,094|
|Estimated Living Expenses|
|Books & Supplies||$2,810|
|Monthly Estimated Living||$3,437|
|TOTAL estimated living expenses for first 10 months||$34,370|
|Total Estimated Cost of Attendance for First Year||$108,464|
NOTES ON ADDITIONAL COSTS NOT INCLUDED:
- Lab and equipment fees for video and photography classes can run between $50 to $275 per class.
- Students borrowing federal student loans should factor the loan fees into the total cost of attendance.
- Students holding a non-resident visa will be charged an International Services Charge each term. This fee supports the University’s services to international students.
- The estimated living expenses provide for a moderate standard of living in New York. During the academic year students may incur some unanticipated expenditures, such as unreimbursed medical expenses. We encourage students to contact the Office of Admission and Financial Aid as needed to request a review of their individual budgets for possible adjustments that may allow for additional borrowing through various educational loan programs. Please note that to help with the review, we will ask you to fill out a Budget Increase form and to submit appropriate documentation.
Guide to University Charges
The Journalism School tuition schedule is set by the University.
- Students are charged on a per credit basis
- Health Services Fee: A mandatory fee for access to the University Health Service Center.
- Medical Insurance Fee: Payment for those enrolled in the Student Insurance plan.
- University Facility Fee: Overall fee for use of its facilities, including the library and gym.
- Document Fee: One‐time payment for transcripts. This allows you to get as many transcripts as you want sent from the Registrar's Office without further cost.
- Technology Fee: One‐time fee for all of the technical services at the school.
- Application Fee: One‐time nonrefundable fee for your admissions application; not applied toward tuition.
- Enrollment Fee: One‐time nonrefundable fee to secure your place in the class; not applied toward tuition.